Westminster dog policy
Westminster seeks to be a welcoming place for all people and creatures. The recently-adopted animal policy aims to take into consideration the needs of not only animal lovers, but also people who are allergic to or fearful of dogs. All dogs are required to be on a leash (or in the lap of the owner) at all times and must be under the control of the owner.
The policy is as follows:
Emotional Support Animals (ESAs) and Service Dogs:
- There will be no restriction on facility access for certificated Emotional Support Animals (ESAs) or service dogs.
- Ushers will direct owners to sit in the back two rows in the Sanctuary/Social Hall. When the 9 a.m. service is held outside in the courtyard, owners will be directed to sit in the covered breezeway.
- Dogs will not be permitted in any place where food is being served. When food is served outside in the courtyard, owners will be directed to keep their pets in the covered breezeway.
Other things to consider as we adopt this policy:
- Please be considerate of other people and dogs. Clean up after your pet.
- Know your dog. If Fido does not do well with other dogs and/or people, it’s best to leave him at home.
- Keep your dog and other dogs healthy—keep Fido up on his vaccinations and flea/tick prevention.
If you have any questions or concerns about this policy, contact the office at 916-442-8939.