HELP WANTED: On-Call Custodian (4-10 hrs/week)
Westminster is seeking an On-Call Custodian to provide custodial services on Saturday mornings. This position also provides custodial services for weddings and other special events during the weekend and some weekday evenings.
- Provides general maintenance services as directed, including general cleaning, room set up with all equipment used for activities and special events including chairs, tables, audiovisual equipment, easels, lecterns, and the like.
- Set up may include providing coffee service.
- Ensures that room(s) designated to be used are unlocked and ready for scheduled events.
- Responds politely to visitor/church member requests and providing assistance as requested during events.
- Secures room(s) and the building following the activity/event; ensuring all equipment is stowed and/or turned off, windows are locked, blinds are down, lights are off, and door is locked.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read and follow written and oral instructions, to interpret instructions on labels of cleaning solvents, etc.
- Ability to use basic tools such as screwdriver, hammer, wrench, pliers, etc. to perform minor maintenance or repair jobs.
- A Custodian is continually standing, walking, bending, stooping and reaching. Climbs ladders, moves furniture, goes up and down stairs. Frequently lifts items weighing 35-40 pounds; occasionally lifts objects weighing over 50 pounds.
Preferred qualifications: minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar position. For more information or to apply, call the office at (916) 442-8939 or e-mail Rebecca at email@example.com.